Wednesday, April 2, 2014

My Voice My Music Student Showcase

Whenever what I do for a living and passions in my life align it makes me smile, overcome with happiness. On March 13th, I had the privilege of seeing and photographing the students (who I've been working with all year) perform at their Fundraiser Concert - My Voice My Music at The Place to be Cafe in Canby.  
I can't believe it's been two weeks since the show already. The event was charged with electricity and the feeling of community was undeniable. There were phenomenal performances from the students who are a part of the Ackerman Academy music program, Ackerman Academy staff, Canby School District's Superintendent John Steach, and the amazing instructors and from My Voice Music.  

My Voice Music has done great things in the lives of so many youth in the Portland-metro area. They are a nonprofit organization that engages marginalized youth in music and performance in order to promote self-esteem, social skills and emotional expression.  They have done a phenomenal job working, encouraging, and challenging the students to go beyond what they can imagine they can do.  I have loved seeing the students grow, develop their skills on various instruments, and become more confident in themselves.  They definitely put on one AMAZING show and couldn't be more proud of the Ackerman students!
This fundraiser concert was held at The Place to be Cafe in Canby...shout out to them for letting us use their facility and for donating 25% of their profits from the night to the Ackerman Academy music program! This along with the funds raised from the raffle will give youth who would normally not have the means to make music, advance the art form, and pursue their passions.  

I am excited for the students at Ackerman, and the opportunities they will have in the future because of the awesome people who have worked with them, who came to this event and gave!


PHOTOS/VIDEOS
See all the photos from the night here! http://melrae.zenfolio.com/myvoicemymusic

Check out some of the photos from this event!
"Believe in yourself in order to create something that means enough to give back."
Believe. Create. Give.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure to check out the videos and the rest of the photos below.





No comments:

Post a Comment